Thursday, October 20, 2011

Do What You Love

IMG_0397Let me introduce myself.  I’m Melinda Cool, a Personal Trainer in Ferndale, Washington.  I hold a Personal Training Certification from the American Council on Exercise.  For about the past year, I have worked at a local gym in town as a Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor.  Teaching the group fitness classes are great—you plan, you arrive, you instruct.  Personal training at a gym, though…not quite what I envisioned.  The gym owners want full-time trainers; I want part-time.  I want to connect with my clients and understand their needs; having the gym as a backdrop just added more middlemen and distraction.  I want to encourage, educate, and empower my clients.  Recently, I decided to go out on my own as a personal trainer, and I’ll do it my way.

I love the pursuit of health and fitness.  I firmly believe that if you are doing the best with your mind and body at this point in time, you are on the right path.  The path may be a long one, but as long as you keep doing the best you can, you’ll continue to move in the right direction. 

This blog will be my place to help educate my clients and readers.  I’ll keep within my scope of practice.  No magic cleanse diets to prescribe, no secret spot reducing techniques, and no magic pills.  Fitness is attainable.  You just have to know what you’re doing, why, and put in the effort.  It’s my job to help you with all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment